- Photos Erica Berman – cappuccino Genova
- Doggy love Italian style
- Parisian doggy
- Train and doggy in Italia
- Laundry in Italia/ 1972 law against hanging laundry in Paris observed in a friends’ building in Paris!
- Need I only say more – Beach in Italia this This summer!
- Jay-Z & Kanye West – Ni**as In Paris (Explicit)
August 23, 2010 by Erica Berman
Photos Erica Berman – cappuccino Genova
I’m back in Paris after 2 several weeks of learning Italian in Genoa, Italia. The awesome Paris weather conditions are a surprise following the heat of Italia, but I’m excited to become home.
Naturally, I can’t help evaluating the (Genovese) Italians towards the (Parisian) French that I've cohabited for nearly 18 years. Little variations and similarities between your daily existence both in countries are entertaining, endearing and frequently surprising.
Doggy love Italian style
A Few Things I have observed: Existence in Italia versus France
- You'll be scoffed at both in countries for ordering a cappuccino within the mid-day. Mind you, I actually do it anyway. How gauche is the fact that?
- Both Italians and French cut lines with enthusiasm. Little old Italian ladies are surprisingly cunning. Be alert!
- Taxis both in metropolitan areas can, and can, attempt to rip you, the foreigner, off even though you speak the word what. Bear in mind.
- Both Italians and French love their doggies and produce them in trains, restaurants and all over the place they are able to physically go. Both in countries you'll see many on an outing deep in conversation with Fido.
- In Italia every respectable home should have a bidet. In France the bidet is really a factor of history.
- Every worthy French kitchen is outfitted having a Ginette Mathiot ‘Je Sais Cuisiner’ cook book along with a cocotte minute (pressure oven). In Italia every respectable home includes a fettatrice (cold cut slicer) along with a Bimby (an amazing machine that does from mixing, steaming and cooking an ideal risotto in 14 minutes… Together with focaccia, frozen treats, dough, pasta sauce…)
- The train is an origin of pride in France. Trains are fast, sleek and modern. In Italia, one cannot quite repeat the same. Both in countries however, towards the surprise of numerous, it's possible to really go ahead and take train all over the place.
Train and doggy in Italia
- In Italia clothes are frolicked to dry for those to determine. Which means all clothes, regardless of how intimate! In Paris, you will find strict rules against hanging laundry where it's openly visible.
Laundry in Italia/ 1972 law against hanging laundry in Paris observed in a friends’ building in Paris!
- In Italia, it frequently seems like there are other scooters then people. In France They scoot, but to some lesser degree than their pasta-eating counterparts.
- In Italia everybody includes a mobile phone. It’s exactly the same in France. The Italians yak efficiently on their own phone while doing from driving, scooting and eating to walking and dealing. In France They appear more disciplined about not using mobile phones in moving transit. It may be that it's illegal in France. On the other hand, it's most likely illegal in Italia too.
- In Italia you are able to use coffee shop restrooms even if you're not really a customer, without sneaking in just like a criminal. Ask nicely and admission is going to be granted. In Paris I have experienced some desperate moments of urgent need and adamant refusal. I've now resorted towards the manner of « don’t look, don’t tell » when entering a café looking for a rest room. I began to keep my mind lower and also to beeline right to the restroom as though it were probably the most natural factor on the planet. And delay pills work!
- Italian couples around the beach, are, well, confident with PDA (public displays of affection). I rarely visit the beach in France and so i can’t discuss what it's like.
Need I only say more – Beach in Italia this This summer!
- In Italia I've rediscovered how you can be chatty and smiley with shop proprietors and restaurant staff, something I'd forgotten in France.
- In Paris I've perfected the skill of pretending to not see people I am aware because they are pretending to not see me. In Italia they give you credit, smile and say hello! I’m gonna try that in Paris and find out the way it goes….!
To become ongoing with my observations on variations between Italians and French themselves! How about you? Inform us your individual encounters on existence in France, Italia, Europe and beyond …
Existence in Italia versus. Existence in France part 2
Some links you may enjoy:
- How to obtain coffee in Italia
- David Lebovitz’ favorite coffee spots in Paris
- Parisian doggies
- Ways to use the bidet
Compiled by Erica Berman for that Hip Paris Blog. For the amazing rentals in Paris, Provence & Toscana take a look at our website Haven in Paris.
Jay-Z & Kanye West – Ni**as In Paris (Explicit)
Neskhy: Who came here just after the robbery to see all the comments? xD
Prince G: Birdman fireflame
Santoria Beal: Prince
CrizDuB: This video gave my goldfish epilepsy then he balled so hard he turned into a shark…
あーむるいす: Taichi Nakajima うんこ、、
Trixie Wong: did this song get removed on spotify
Cassie Lowe: it was removed for a few days when jay-z took all his stuff off spotify. but someone had license to it
Dj Fitzgerald: emily nieves link ?
Frankie Crockett: 5years?! Holy fuck I remember this coming out like yesterday
Colton Vanderwall: i dont think kanye will ever have another tune of this level. i miss old school kanye and jay.