Students thinking about beginning French at Middlebury (FREN 0101) should talk to French faculty during orientation week or at Academic Forum.
All ongoing students of French will need to take a placement exam. We strongly encourage you to do this before coming on campus
Students is going to be forwarded to sign up for a training course based on their result about this test.
When to accept test
The internet placement test is going to be available August 15th to be used by students matriculating in September, and again at the outset of The month of january for college students matriculating in Feb.
Before new students may take any online placement exam they have to activate their Middlebury user account. If you haven’t already done this, go to go/activate.
The exam may also be activated shortly before current students sign up for fall and spring semesters.
Many students who takes test and it is put into a training course but doesn’t sign up for it for that semester rigtht after will have to ask the chair from the French Department for any prerequisite waiver if they decides to accept course inside a later semester.
How to get the internet test:
After you have activated your Middlebury user account, open a Internet browser and visit the following web site: https://middlebury.instructure.com/enroll/GGLCRA
- If motivated, click "Sign up for the programInch
- Then select "Visit the Course"
- Browse the instructions completely before hitting the hyperlink that opens the exam.
- Go ahead and take test. You’ve 50 minutes to accomplish it.
- After finishing the exam, please intend to speak personally using the Department Chair before receiving your placement.
NOTE: The objective of this exam is to assistance with optimal placement at Middlebury, so don’t use a dictionary or any other materials to help you. Once you start a piece you have to complete it you can’t go back to a portion of the exam once you have begun. You might go ahead and take exam just once, so make sure to intend on getting enough uninterrupted time for you to complete it.
For assist with log-in issues:
For assist with your Middlebury password contact the HelpDesk within the following ways:
Assist with Canvas
- Tier I Support, 24 hrs each day at:
844-747-2605 or email@example.com
- Ramp Up Student Guide: http://guides.instructure.com/m/8470
- Canvas Guides http://guides.instructure.com/ or accessible in the Help icon within the lower left corner.